6 Scriptures to Help You Trust Jesus With Your Finances
The idea of trusting Jesus with your finances may be a new one. If so, the Word is the first stop in finding out what it really means to trust Jesus and surrender your financial decisions to Him and His ways. Here are five scriptures to get you started:
You Can Trust Jesus with All Areas of Your Life—Including Finances
- Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. –John 15:4-5
God Will Take Care of You and Your Finances
- So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?’ These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. –Matthew 6:31-33
- Teach those who are rich in this world not to be proud and not to trust in their money, which is so unreliable. Their trust should be in God, who richly gives us all we need for our enjoyment. –1 Timothy 6:17
When You Trust and Obey Him with Your Finances
- If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully keep all his commands that I am giving you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the world. You will experience all these blessings if you obey the Lord your God: Your towns and your fields will be blessed. Your children and your crops will be blessed. The offspring of your herds and flocks will be blessed. Your fruit baskets and breadboards will be blessed. Wherever you go and whatever you do, you will be blessed. –Deuteronomy 28:1-6 (Read the entire chapter.)
- And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you. –Galatians 3:29
A Promise to Stand on for Your Prosperity
- That is what the Scriptures mean when they say, “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him. But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets.” –1 Corinthians 2:9-10
Jesus wants to be as involved with your financial life as He is with your spiritual. Let these scriptures be a starting point for deeper study into God’s Word. As you discover God’s heart and love for you, may you trust Him with every area of life—even your finances!
“Reprinted with permission from Kenneth Copeland Ministries”.
The issue of leadership is one that can be both divisive or inclusive, there is no sitting on the fence. In the era of populism, we are like...
There has been nothing more divisive in the body of Christ than tithing. If we were in Moses’ time I suspect we would still be facing the ...